Fold Equity What is it?

08

Feb

Fold Equity What is it?

In poker, the term “fold equity” may sound more complex than that. In fact, this is a relatively simple concept.

In principle, fold equity refers to the additional equity that can be obtained by including the possibility of the other party being fit in the calculation. The correct Folder Equity calculation depends greatly on your ability to read the opponent. In other words, you have to have a significant opportunity to move to control your opponent. The formula for calculating the Fold Equity is as follows:

Fold Equity = (the probability that the deficit will pass) x (the hand action of the deficit)

For example:

Suppose you play a game with your friend Coolhand Joe. It’s six or six inches long, and Joe’s is ten inches long. This is a classic coin flip situation. At this moment, your odds are about 50:50. To be exact, your exact profit potential is 51%. So if you have $100 on a port, your port is $51 ($100 x 51 percent).

But this does not take into account the possibility that Joe is right when you are all-in or rising. Suppose you know. Your friend has a 50% chance of being all-in. Thus, in this example, fold capital is:

50% (probability of the deficit) x 49% (Pot Equity of the deficit) = 24.5%

Thus, their total stock of $100 ports amounts to about $75.

To be sure, the bigger your fold stock is, the more likely it is that Joe is fit for one purchase. Therefore, it is very important that you read your counterpart correctly when you decide on your stake in one port.

As a matter of fact, it is very difficult to calculate your stake because you cannot see the card you have. But the concept of fold stock can help you make more profitable decisions.

Perhaps most frequently, fold equity is useful when players drop cards in flush or on the street. Suppose you play Coolhand Joe again. You are 5-6 and Joe has a K-D. Flop takes 4 K A’s and 4’s. In this situation, you have only 40 percent chance, and Joe has only 60 percent chance. You’re pretty sure Joe has a 50% chance of being right at a decent price. This increases your entire stake from 40 percent to 70 percent. Thus, in this situation, introducing a half-bluff in the form of use would be more profitable in the long run.

One last warning…

If you’re really involved with a loose set of aggressive players, your fold stock will be almost zero. The same is true when you meet a player with a very short stack in a tournament (little chips to play). This is because short-layer players are more rarely hit because they have to take risks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *